My AirPods have gone missing, and the Find My app isn’t assisting me in locating the offline AirPods, so how can I find my AirPods offline? The reason could be that Apple iCloud is missing your AirPods identification that could make them look offline which will be impossible to retrieve. But if you have other reasons for offline AirPods, certain techniques could help you locate the position of the earbud.
The Apple Air Pods are great wireless earbuds. But, if you misplace, or lose them outdoor, you have your luck and the Find My iPhone app to track them in the range. It is a handy feature that does the job and have you locate the active AirPods on a map. The situation is alarming to offline AirPods and there are a couple of techniques you can follow up and may recover your lost pair of Apple AirPods before it’s too late.
- Find My Airpods Offline Not Showing Last Location
- How to Find AirPods in House
- Finding the Lost AirPods from Two Different Locations
- Replace your Lost AirPod or Case from Apple Service
- You have three ways to contact Apple Support to arrange for a replacement.
- Enable Separation Alerts to Not Lose your AirPods Again
- Frequently Asked Questions
Find My Airpods Offline Not Showing Last Location
Apple AirPods are among the most used wireless earbuds out there. They are pretty standard for iOS users and they are also easy to carry around. But because they are so small, they are easily lost and get you to panic. This also happens when you put them somewhere safe and forget.
In a situation when you want to find my AirPods offline, you will see a “No location discovered” message on the Find My application. It means you are unable to see their active location, but a previous location that is recorded with the iCloud is also available to assist your search for the missing offline AirPods that you can go to iCloud.com/find and check the last location where your AirPods were disconnected.
It is helpful for finding the Apple gadgets that were connected to your iCloud Apple ID. You can track your AirPods back and also play a remote sound to find lost pods. It is the only way that Apple has been suggesting to locate a lost or missing device.
To use this method, here are steps.
- Open the Find My app on iPhone.
- In the connected Devices list, choose AirPods.
- A map comes up on the screen locating your pods.
- When Airpods is offline and not in range they will appear as a grey color with the last used location.
- Tap on the ‘Direction’ to navigate to the position.
- Then you can proceed to the location and search every nook and cranny for your AirPods.
How to Find AirPods in House
If this happens you have lost a single or both AirPods in the house and they are fully charged. It is possible to retrieve them from the pit of an unknown location, by allowing them to make some noisy sound. It is the best way to find lost AirPods if you drop your AirPods from the case or accidentally lose them while moving in the house, here scenarios can differ for close space but the results could match.
Using Find My Airpods Sound Pending to Locate Missing AirPods.
- From the Find My application.
- Move to the Apple devices tab.
- Click on the device to see its most recent known location on a map.
- When you do it there you will see two options.
- First is “Directions” when you want to navigate to that last known location.
- The second is “Play Sound” when you are uncertain of location.
- You can select “Play Sound” and it will function as a guide to locate lost AirPods in nearby locations.
- This will only work if your AirPods are within range and not in their case.
- The simple settings will be able to choose whether to play the sound from the left, right or both AirPods.
- When you’ve found them and want the obnoxious sound to stop, press the stop button.
Finding the Lost AirPods from Two Different Locations
When you realize both AirPods are missing and don’t know how to locate each one to complete a pair for work. It’s not absurd; you could have lost one pod in one location and the second one could have fallen out on the way. It’s understandable that you recently misplaced or lost both of your AirPods in separate locations.
To take control of the situation, use your iPhone’s ‘Find My’ AirPods search. While this is not the case you have misplaced them in your own home, the outside environment can weaken the signals and cause you to lose connection. However, you cannot track down a pair of missing AirPods at the same time. This is how you can track down your AirPods when they are lost in different locations.
Method of Finding Pair of Lost AirPods with Find My App.
- Once again, navigate to the Find My app.
- Then Devices tab, and tap on your AirPods.
- A map will locate your AirPods in the list of connected Apple devices.
- If your AirPods are online, you can retrieve them quickly, but only one at a time.
- By default, Apple Find My locates only one AirPod at a time, so you must locate the first one before continuing your search for the second.
- When you navigate directly to that destination of the first pod using ‘Directions,’ you need to put the discovered pod back in the case.
- You can now search for the remaining AirPod by refreshing the map, which will now show the location of the second pod.
- Move to the second earbud location and retrieve your misplaced AirPod, then place it in the case of an overly formal pair.
Replace your Lost AirPod or Case from Apple Service
AirPods are expensive and losing one can be quite upsetting. If this occurs, you have either lost or your AirPod has been stolen. This could be serviced by Apple’s replacement program, which allows you to complete your lost pair of headphones and charging case.
To proceed with the replacement, you must provide your AirPods serial number, which is printed on the case. It is also available from the connected device, such as your iPhone Settings > Bluetooth > AirPods, then, to view the serial number details, tap the More Info (i) button.
You have three ways to contact Apple Support to arrange for a replacement.
Carry-in repair: You will need to bring your proof of purchase ‘original AirPods box’ along with a serial number to get the replacements from an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider.
Mail-in repair: As the name suggests you can mail your AirPods box to the Apple service center with the charging case.
Contact Apple Support: Before making any arrangements you discuss your service options with an Apple Support advisor by phone.
The best way to secure your AirPods is to use a stronger case that you can connect to your car key chain because they are small and more easily misplaced, you have to care with proper casing or cover in addition to enabling Find My for all of your Apple electronics. You can also connect a GPS tracker like Tiles, which is used to find missing items that are easily lost.
Enable Separation Alerts to Not Lose your AirPods Again
Apple has announced a new feature for Find My app called Separation Alert. It allows the pairing of your AirPods with a monitoring service to prevent separations and it works. Whenever you’ve left your AirPods behind, and go somewhere further, the Find My app will alert your phone to get back your AirPods. This integration of AirPods with Find My is a new feature available on iOS 15 and newer versions to provide the ability to not lose your AirPods again.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to find AirPods case only?
Unfortunately, the Apple AirPods case does not include GPS tracking because it is designed without a GPS chip to only provide protection and charging for the earbuds. When you lose your AirPods, there is nothing you can do to find them unless you have remembered where you put your case or someone locates it for you.
Can you find your AirPods with the serial number?
No, you will not be able to locate your AirPods using the serial number. A serial number is found on the back of the charging case, which is used to obtain a warranty. You can take your serial number to the Apple care center to claim your broken or missing AirPod warranty.
Can you find AirPods without Find My iPhone?
There are three alternatives. First, if you don’t have an iPhone, you can use web iCloud to search for your AirPods. Second, if you have an iPhone but don’t want to use the Find My iPhone app to search for lost earbuds, or if you have an Android, you can install Wunderfind to find lost earbuds. The third way to find My AirPods offline is to consider your previous activities and move to the location where you believe you have misplaced your AirPods.
Can you track AirPods when they were reset?
It is not possible to locate AirPods after they have been reset to their default settings, which erases the previous owner’s traces. This means that Apple’s Find My tool won’t be able to track the location, and you won’t be able to track it either. In reality, someone could use stolen AirPods.
Is AirPods have GPS tracking?
Apple hasn’t considered putting a tiny GPS in each AirPod for safety reasons; it could happen in the future, but not right now. There is no GPS in the AirPods or the charging case. The GPS tracking feature is only available on bier devices such as iPhones, iPads, and MacBooks.